Staying motivated on a Monday–particularly the Monday after a holiday weekend–can be challenging. I’ve previously discussed helpful tips for having a better Monday as part of my Monday Motivation series. One of those tips included creating a Monday mantra, a word or phrase you can repeat that motivates and inspires you to push forward when things get tough.
Today I’m sharing eleven inspiring mantras to help you power through your day. The quotes I’ve selected below may not be reminiscent of yoga class, but they can still inspire, empower, and motivate you to be your best self.
My list follows below, but if you’re still looking for inspiration, be sure to check out these Quotes of the Day from Fairygodboss: 52 quotes to get you through every week of the year (organized by month!).
I hope this list inspires you to have a great day on Monday or any day of the week!
Inspiring Monday Mantras
1. “Great people do things before they’re ready.” – Amy Poehler
2. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
4. “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
5. “The beginning is always NOW.” – Roy T. Bennett
6. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.“ – Oprah Winfrey
7. “Leadership belongs to those who take it.” – Sheryl Sandberg
8. “Fall seven times. Stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
9. “Light tomorrow with today.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
10. “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Janet Dailey
11. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
What’s your favorite mantra or inspirational quote? Let me know in the comments or on social media!